- Includes Medicare Part A (hospital, Hospice, skilled nursing) and Part B (doctor, services, and supplies)
- You can buy supplemental coverage to protect and provide for out-of-pocket costs under original Medicare (deductible, co-payments, 20% coinsurance)
- You can use any doctor or hospital anywhere in the US that accepts Medicare
- You can buy Part D prescription drug coverage to cover most of your prescriptions
Buy Supplemental Coverage
- Provides coverage for deductible, copays and coinsurance for Medicare eligible expenses
- Plan F has no deductible, copays or coinsurance and is available to those who turned 65 before January 1, 2020.
- Plan G has only a Part B deductible of $233 for the year
- Plan N has only a Part B deductible of $233, copayment of $20 to see any doctor, copayment of $50 for emergency room (waived if hospitalized) and does not cover excess charges (excess charges apply if doctor is not assigned to Medicare).
- Most plans do not have network doctor or hospital restrictions
- Prescription drugs under Part D are not included
Buy Part D (drug Plans)
Buy Dental, Vision, Hearings
Buy Medicare Advantage (known as Part C)
- Alternative to Original Medicare with lower premiums
- Most plans have deductibles, copayments, and cost sharing for each service with maximum out-of-pocket limits (MOOP)
- HMOs MOOP is $7,550 with in network
- PPOs MOOP in network $7,550 and out of network is $11,300
- Some areas have Special Needs Plans (D-SNP, C-SNP, I-SNP)
- In most cases, you will need to use doctors who are in the plan’s network
- Most plans include Part D (drug plans)
- Most plans offer extra benefits (dental, vision, hearing, etc.)
For more information contact Dennis Shepherd at 502-245-2484 a qualified licensed independent agent.